Relax and unwind in a French holiday cottage (gite), set in beautiful Brittany. La Lohuas Gites in Brittany is surrounded by rolling fields and wooded countryside making this the perfect location to start any holiday. Our farmhouse cottages, Pomme, Poire, Cerise, Abricot and Fraise are amazingly spacious and have been sympathetically modernised to give you practical and beautiful accommodation.
Each of the self-catering holiday cottages, or gites, are situated in a courtyard around the main house. They are all constructed with traditional Breton stone walls under a slate roof, helping to keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Each gite has their own south facing terrace with patio furniture and barbeque. Each gite has been extensively refurbished and modernised to a high standard. All the gites have newly fitted kitchens including electric oven, gas hob and microwave oven. Each gite is equipped with a flat-screen television receving UK FreeSat television channels, a DVD player and a stereo system which has a USB connection. All of the gites have electric heating.
There is a communal laundry area with free use of washing machines, washing lines and pegs. This area is also used to store leaflets on tourist attractions in the area and a detailed map of the area showing where all the local attractions are.
The gites are thoroughly cleaned and prepared prior to each letting. We supply a welcome pack containing coffee, tea, sugar, milk, water, bread, croissants and, of course, wine to enable you to start relaxing here as soon as you arrive. When we prepare the gites for our guests, we pride ourselves in our presentation, cleanliness and attention to detail.
We also have local produce available to purchase on site including Organic Camembert, Organic Cider, locally produced Pâtés and Fresh Eggs from our chickens. Meals are also available to order – on your arrival day you will be offered a choice of two courses (example: Lasagne with pear tart or Mild Chicken Curry with petit pots au chocolat) that will be left in your fridge ready to heat up on arrival (price 8 euros for adults/6 euros child). During the week, we offer a three course meal service – carefully prepared with local or home produced ingredients. There is a rolling menu over 2 weeks – 24 hours notice is required for these menus that are priced at 15 euros per adult and 10 euros per child.
Click on each gite for internal photographs and floor plans.
- Child-friendly cottages – stairgates, cots, highchairs and baby equipment available free of charge
- Large grounds with plenty of toys and outdoor games, together with beautiful gardens
- The five cottages give a sociable environment for parents and children alike
- Covered, heated swimming pool – UV protected for hot sunny days, rain protected for inclement weather
- No hidden charges
- Choice of arrival meals for you to heat-up on arrival
- Welcome pack of croissants, bread, butter, milk, tea, coffee, sugar, water and the all important bottle of wine
- Bread and pastry orders delivered to your door every morning
- Meals service available on-site