Things to do nearby
When people come to the gites they often say that there was not enough time to see or do everything – they need to come back!
To help people find all of the hidden secrets whilst they are here, each gite has a folder giving details of what to see or do together with opening times, prices and information about the attraction – it is split into the following sections :
- Chateaux and Gardens
- Leisure Activities
- Childrens activities
This guide is available to download in PDF format, please contact us for more information.
Here is a taste of what is on offer – all within 40 minutes drive from the gites
- Dinan is a spectacular mediaeval town 7km away from the gites, with a nationally famous market, remparts, chateau, rail museum, river boats, cycle hire, small river boat hire, canoeing, gardens, bowling, and numerous fabulous restaurants.
- Numerous beaches to satisfy all tastes – shallow and sandy, shells, rock pools, surfing : Dinard, Saint Malo, St Lunaire, Lancieux, St Cast, St Jacut de la Mer, Erquy, with numerous unnamed beaches often desserted!
- Zoo de la Bourbansais – Pleugeneuc – Beautifully presented zoo with falconery and a horse and hound display – with masses of bouncy castles and a little train at the end.
- Grand Aquarium – St Malo
- Foret de Villecartier – a beautiful forest with a lake – little electric boats for you to drive, poney rides, café and a fantastic acrobranche course – one for adults and one for children over 5
- Cobac Parc – a mad theme park with it’s own water park
- Alligator Bay near Mont St Michel
- Jardin de Val Cocheral – Dinan – a lovely park in the centre of Dinan with climbing frames, roundabouts, swings and slides, mini-golf, ice cream parlour and lots of animals
- Petit Train de Dinan – a road train with covered carriages which shows you the sights of Dinan
- Harras de Lamballe – a heavy horse stud with shows on a Thursday
- Chateaux at Dinan, Lehon, Combourg, Hunandaye, Fort La Latte, and Bourbansais
- Gardens – La Ballue, Montmarin and Parc Floral de Haute Bretagne
- Mont St Michel – a 1300 year old village built on a rock in the bay to the west of St Malo
- If the weather is not kind – there are many things to choose from : Aligator Bay, Grand Aquarium, Cap Malo with Softplay centre and bowling, and of course, our covered play area and heated covered swimming pool at the gites!